A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 1 user / day
- 3 users / week
- 30 users / month
- 254 users / 6 months
- 20 subscribers
- 481 Posts
- 1.3K Comments
The real news to me is that more than 3M people are naive/desperate enough to use such a product (and omg 99$ a month).
Just ‘startup’ is a red flag to me, if it is related to health or anything that should definitely be public services it is already scam. So no surprise it is super shady.
Look, can we really blame the desperate, especially people suffering from mental health issues, to seek help that they can? i feel that the only solution to problems like these are better health care, which means proper and rigorous scientific and ethical education on the subject and proper support system and establishment for health care services
Yes, it’s bad if people are that naive, and it’s even worse when others appear to exploit the despair of people. The app has 32 permissions and contains 4 trackers that openly say that they would collect behavioral data and advertise their trackers using slogans like “we help marketers make better decisions”.
SO DISGUSTING OH GOD (sorry)